One of our manufacturing customers in Cleveland, Ohio recently gave us 339 tools to sharpen. Tools ranged from 3/16" to 1" in diameter, various lengths. Most tools were to be coated but not all.
- Quote for resharpening these tools came to $5,592.00. The minimum cost of buying new to replace these same tools would be $16,950.
- Perhaps you resharpen these tools 3 times over their lifetime. Replacing new tools 3 times: $50,850.00. Resharpening the same tools 3 times: $16,776.00.
- If you pull your tools early so the diameter and cutting lengths have minimal damage we may be able to sharpen your tools up to at least two more times (five sharpenings total).
- Replacing tools with new 5 times: $84,750.00. Resharpening these tools 5 times: $27,960.00.
- And that is just one scenario. Setting up a structured resharpening program can undoubtedly save your company a lot of money.
- We would like to work with you to reduce your tooling costs in any way we can.